Thursday, February 19, 2009

Post number 12

My Life in Three Different Countries
By: Salwae Sheen

My first country is Burma ( a country in southeast Asia ). I was born in Burma and I grew up and spent my childhood in Burma. first I had a peaceful life in my beautiful village surrounded by fields and forest before Burmese troops attacked my village. we had a house and farms. Every day I went to school and played. I had to leave Burma when I was ten years old because of the civil war.
Then, I moved to Thailand lived in a refugee camp. I spent 18 years of my life in a refugee camp in Thailand. I completed grade ten in the camp but I didn't have a chance to go to college or university. We were supported with food and housing but we were fenced in with a barbed-wire fence and we didn't have freedom to go out of the camp.
On May 2008 I came to the U.S for my children's destinie and also for me to get a better job and freedom. It is a big and developed country and every thing is new for me. I face many different problems such as language and how to get a job. The biggest problem for me is to find a job in the U.S.

1 comment:

  1. oh......??? you have many different problems such as language.
    1.did you don't sad leave your beautiful village?
    2.are you life in dormitory in Thailand?
    3.how long have you been in Thailand?
    4. do you have family in U.S?
    5.do you have best friend in U.S?

    ReplyDelete